Friday, June 02, 2006

When the Wolves howl


The howls of the night wolves filled the night sky, leaving the whimpering leaves to shiver in the cold breeze. Aravaon was somewhere in the woods scouring for any of the raiders who survived the defensive. The Raiders, they walked right into our camps just to get massacred. The 300 or so raiders were no match for 40 night wolves. And which ever fool led them would have surely known their timing was a mad choice. With the crescent moon grimly smirking the dark night, the wolves’ powers are at a three fold more rage.

In the distance I heard the clear call of Aravaon, a howl of a pure blood Sire of the GreyFang clan. I rushed to the source of the call. Aravaon was standing in the center surrounding them were the other 38 wolves. Sebil was closer to Aravaon, as his fore-commander. In the middle of the well-formed circle were 4 Raiders. Frozen still, only in body. But their minds were scampering somewhere off and far away from their peril. For their eyes were dead looking directly at Aravaon’s. A mistake even his friends wouldn’t make.

Sebil whispered to me, without taking his eyes off the group, “FeralRage GreyFang… please step forward”. I looked at Aravaon as I stepped forward. His eyes were still locked in place of his victims, just like dad. Only once have I seen dad and Aravaon together. Aravaon was dad’s favorite as far as the rough world was considered. I was more of his pet than a decendant. He never preferred I step into the harsh world. And since the day dad has left, Aravaon has been my protector, a stern and commanding brother. At that moment, he just seemed to me like dad, once and always a Sire of Horal GreyFang.



~fEelix