Monday, October 09, 2006

To feel home again...

I watch the flames fill up the sky, the shimmering amber lighting off the edges of the clouds. My eyes burned with anointment of pure light again. The birds cast upon the evening sky as though they were placed to beautify and to remind of the life around.

Eons had seem to pass just moments ago and now I stood there in those very lands from where I had once left into that oblivion. Time, I did not know what it was. But the smell of fresh air and the newborn roses around tingled my spirits. My knees fell weak and touched the ground. My hands reached for the moist soft sands, kneading them. I had almost forgotten how it felt.

No more pyres of mountain looming above my head. No more shrieks of pain and horror. None of that foul stench of death.

This was bliss. This was my heaven. This was my saviour’s palm. I would have let the roots of this ground grow into me. I wanted to be a part of this forever. Eternity.

But fortune never seems to greet me. Like snails that were meant to crawl on their belly, my life seems to only drag in pain and misfortune. But my beliefs will always remain strong no matter what. I am completing whatever I came here for.

The birds suddenly seem to vanish. The songs were now not more than a coo, more of a warning than a call. In seconds the 4th moon covered the sun. An eclipse blemished the peaceful terrain with its hideous darkness. Smooth and stalking like a creeping claw it spread through the meadows I stood. Time was running short.

"Pain drags me down several times… Every time I felt like letting go, just a moment. Let go and feel a moment of no pain… a moment of peace and feel the blood rush back into my life. Unfortunately, it never seems to happen. My urge to fight only gets stronger. The stronger I get the harder it gets. Tell me father, will this ever stop. Sometime I am either bound to attain my destiny or bound to break. The longer it takes, the lesser are the chances of me to overcome. And when I fall then. I see myself shattering. Is that what you want to see? Is that what you want me to do for you?
You have taught me not to cry. You have taught me not to break. You have taught me to bleed instead. You have taught me to pray. And that father, is all I do."

~Spitfire

His swiftness greater than before, he left the meadows in a blink. Hooded in rags like a petty thief he was already among the masses. Slender blades still fresh from the lust of demon’s blood. But the mind, far too un-peaceful…

5 Comments:

Blogger sharanya said...

heya..updated.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

We've lost you. Again. And again. And again.

Hope alls well,


Yours forever sthupitly.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ry said...

just like how spitfire would crave for demon blood.. we hunger for more... give us more :P

Rythwin

8:17 AM  
Blogger Ry said...

just like how spitfire would crave for demon blood.. we hunger for more... give us more :P

Rythwin

8:17 AM  
Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Hi Felix, wish you all the best on your new venture dude!
hope your new venture brings you peace prosperity and happiness.

Please updated the blog dude!

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home